Thread: Sora/s Video

Default Sora/s Video

Was able to capture a number of shots over a fairly long time of the Sora/s. Not sure if there was one or two birds .. did see one chasing another so I know that there were two birds in the area. Very shy birds .... never strayed far from cover.

Shots aren't great ... but neither were the conditions ... so it is what it is. Combined the shots to make a video .. thought it showed the habit and actions of the bird better.

This works in full screen as well as small screen.

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...rrent=Sora.mp4
    Happy Birding
    ------------------------------
    Jim Wright
    Blooming Grove
    Navarro County

lulubelle Guest

Jim you really got some good views and shots of the Sora! They don't usually cooperate so much! Was that a lifer for you? Great bird either way!

Thanks for the comments ... and no .. these Sora were not lifers. The TOS field trip provided my first views of the Sora. However ... I didn't find these in the same location we saw them on the field trip. I couldn't really get to that place. TOS had access I won't have until they reopen the entire unit. So ... maybe these were the same birds we saw or maybe there are more birds than I would have imagined.

Been going out there for several years now and never thought about seeing a Sora ... but I know that they are there now... and hopefully will be able to contiune to find them. They are fun birds to watch.

The Virginia Rail was fun as well ... never got more than a peek at the bird .. really a fast bird .. in the blink of an eye .. he can move from one location to the other and so fast you wonder if he was in the second place the whole time!
    Happy Birding
    ------------------------------
    Jim Wright
    Blooming Grove
    Navarro County