Dallas Fort Worth Airport’s Wildlife Staff will be conducting a year-long wildlife hazard assessment beginning in March/April. The assessment requires site observations at select locations on an near airport property, each to be visited twice monthly at dawn and dusk, and wildlife activity recorded at each site - the activity is typically birds. There is no requirement to conduct the visits on consecutive days or to conduct the dawn and dusk observations on the same day for each site. Close is preferred though.

The Wildlife Staff consists of two people, myself and my Wildlife Inspector, and we will focus our efforts on the secure Airport Operations Area (AOA), which is the area where aircraft takeoff, land, and taxi.

I would like to reach out to FWAS members to offer the opportunity to do some birding at DFW Airport on those areas outside this AOA, and contribute to the wildlife hazard assessment by conducting site visits and recording bird activity observed in pre-selected areas of the airport property, plus a couple others that need to be visited seasonally (Lake Grapevine, North Lake).

Ideally, I’d like to start the assessment in early March, before migratory activity starts spooling up.

Please let me know at your earliest opportunity. You are welcome to email me at cboyles@dfwairport.com or call/text my cell: 682.429.1727.
Thank you!

Cathy Boyles
Wildlife Administrator
Airfield Operations
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
P.O. Drawer 619428
DFW Airport, TX 75261