Thread: Bird Photography

Default Bird Photography

I just open a new group for bird Photography, whether you are at advance level or beginner please share your pictures. i would like to get in touch with members of FWAS that are interested in Bird Photography. I am a field Ornithologist and love to go on photo trips. Also I would to share some hot spots for bird photography.
    Last edited by avian2014; 07-30-2014 at 12:46 PM.

My son is an amateur photographer and we typically try to go on a birding expedition at least once a month to give him an opportunity to take some photos. If you're ever headed out on a weekend we would love to join you. Maybe you can give him a few pointers if you don't mind He's becoming quite good. We typically go to the regular spots around DFW that are listed on the website. We've had good luck at Wildwood Park, Marine Creek lake and some other places.

Quote Originally Posted by avian2014 View Post
    I just open a new group for bird Photography...
    This is from the most recent post (couple years ago) about bird photography and I'm wondering where this group meets - on the internet, where? Is it still functioning? I just joined FWAS and am interested in photographing birds - not necessarily rare birds, just birds in their habitat. I live near and walk along the Trinity River trail where I find many birds. At present the cormorants are abundant and I've captured some good shots. They will be gone soon and others will arrive, i.e. bluebirds. Anyone interested in joining me?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr&mrs01-30-2017 copy.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	2337

Nice picture! What kind of camera do you use?
    Margaret